We have seen a lot of search engine marketing tips from Google lately; however Yahoo! has jumped on the band wagon also by providing us 3 tips to improve your paid search advertising conversion through the Yahoo! Search Marketing Blog.
Yahoo! suggests 3 main tips to improve your conversion: Optimize, Navigate & Track.
Optimizing Your Landing Page
Your landing page is the first web page a searcher will see after clicking your ad, so make it shine.
- Use a “deep link” to a specific product on your site.
- Offer multiple ways for your customers to contact you.
- Make your online shopping cart safe and easy to use.
- Maintain good server availability and remove any broken links from you site.
Make sure that your website is easy to navigate by putting yourself in the eyes of the visitor.
- Create an obvious pathway to your products or services.
- Maximum of two clicks for the searcher to find what they are looking for from landing page.
- If you’re after a sale, move any non-commercial content “below the fold”.
Track Your Results
Tracking the performance of your online marketing will help you analyze your results and make adjustments, if needed.
- Track conversion data with Yahoo! conversion-only analytics tool.
- Know which keywords drive the most conversions and allocate the budget to these.
What do you think of these tips from Yahoo!? Are there any others that you would add to the mix? If so, let us know in the comments section below.