Link building has become a hot topic of late in the search marketing arena. While it has been around for years, sometimes it can be done very poorly or overlooked altogether in an SEM strategy – don’t let this happen for your website.
I recently came across a great article which outlined the dos and don’ts of link building. So I thought I would share some of the tips so you can get started:
- Keep your focus on relevant links only. Build links with high authority websites that are related to your site theme. These relevant links will help you to build authority in your niche. Also, visitors to such sites are more likely to click on your links giving you increased traffic.
- Publish articles, press releases and blogs on article and free blog sites. Make sure your content is unique and original with your links embedded in it using important keywords as anchor text. These incoming links embedded in the content are valued highly by the search engines.
- Competitor analysis. Check all the websites linking with your competitors and try building similar links to your site also.
- Show that you are desperate to get backlinks to your website. Write a professional email to other webmaster and ask them to go through your site and consider giving a link to it.
- Post your website link directly on discussion forums and chat rooms; this kind of self publicity might get your account banned. Simply put your website’s link in your signature in the forum instead.
I hope these tips help you get started on your link building efforts.