The team at the Google Webmaster Central blog wants to help you make the most of your link building efforts.
A new blog post outlines in depth a number of ways to earn quality links to your site.
Here is a quick rundown:
- Interact and contribute on forums and blogs. Especially good for new or unknown sites. But remember to contribute in a positive way, rather than spamming or soliciting for your site.
- Provide valuable content. Visitors are likely to appreciate your site and link to it if you publish a short tutorial or a video providing a solution, or a practical tool. This can help you gain lasting, merit-based links and loyal followers who generate direct traffic and “spread the word.”
- Think long term. There are those who advocate for short-lived, often spammy methods, but these are not advisable if you care for your site’s reputation.
- Directory entries. If you decide to submit your site to a directory, make sure it’s on topic, moderated, and well structured. Mass submissions, which are sometimes offered as a quick work-around SEO method, are mostly useless and not likely to serve your purposes.
- Make inbound linking easy. Consider making linking to your site easier for less tech savvy users. Offering bookmarking services for social sites like Twitter or Facebook can help spread the word about the great content on your site and draw users’ attention.
Link building is a very popular topic on our blog, our readers seem to love any advice we can share building up links. So, I thought it was quite appropriate that we take a look back at some of our most popular link building articles:
Link Building: 5 Simple Tips to Get Started
Google Offers Advice On Acquiring Links
How to Optimize Existing Links for Maximum SEO Benefit
Link Building Tip: Using Testimonials to Get Free Backlinks
Finding Sites in Your Niche to Build Backlinks
Now, all you need to do is get the ball rolling with your link building and reap the reward from your efforts. Good luck!