Google webmaster central now provides webmasters with an easier way to view stats about their website. The popular webmaster tools can now be made available on your personalized iGoogle homepage, so you don’t have to login each time to access them.
iGoogle is Google’s personalized homepage and can be easily used by anyone with a Google account. Simple login and click on the iGoogle link on the top right of Google’s homepage. From here you can personalize the page with your favorite blogs, games, applications and now – webmaster tools.
I recommend every website owner verify their site with webmaster tools as it provides some great stats about top search queries, which sites are linking to yours, any crawling errors and a whole bunch more. Once you’ve verified your site, adding the tools to your iGoogle homepage is easy:
1. Visit Webmaster Tools and select any site that you’ve validated from the dashboard.
2. Click on the Tools section.
3. Click on Gadgets sub-section.
4. Click on the big “Add an iGoogle Webmaster Tools homepage” button.
5. Click the “Add to Google” button on the following confirm page to add the new tab to iGoogle.
6. Now you’re in iGoogle, where you should see your new Google Webmaster Tools tab with a number of Gadgets. Enjoy!
Some examples of the homepage Gadgets currently on offer include:
Top Search Queries:
I use my iGoogle homepage everyday to keep updated with my favorite blogs, the weather, sports scores and now I’ll definitely be adding the webmaster tools. If you haven’t used a personalized homepage before, give it a go and leave a comment below.