With sites like Twitter and Facebook becoming so popular, many business owners have shifted their online marketing focus towards these mediums. While a mix of marketing campaigns is important, a recent study conducted by Internet Retailer shows that search marketing still remains the most effective medium to drive online sales.
Coverage of the report from marketing pilgrim shows that 27% of surveyed retailers reported that more than half of their online sales are attributable to search engine marketing.
According to the study of 102 web only retailers, 51.5% of merchants say that more than a quarter of their traffic also comes from natural search. Some other interesting data from the report includes:
- 44.9% of merchants report that the conversion rate on pay-per-click search advertising went up
- 16.3% say it went down
- 38.8% say their conversion rate held steady
- 47% report more than 25% of their web sales stem from search engine marketing
- 44.6% increased their paid search budgets
- 49% say they will increase it in the year ahead
The report also highlights that conversion rates from search marketing continue to perform strongly with most retailers reporting steady to improving conversion rates.
If you’re looking to get started with search engine marketing, you can learn more about our Guaranteed Google SEO and Google AdWords Management services!