Google have continued their rapid series of updates for local business listings by adding detailed analytics for each business profile. The analytics will help small businesses get a greater insight into how many people have seen and clicked on their local listing.
If you login to your local business center and see a “New” link next to your listing, the report should be available for you. At this point, it looks like they’re available for U.S. listings only, but I expect them to expand this worldwide in the coming weeks.
Let’s take a look at the new elements of this report:
1. Impressions and Actions
Here you can get an overview of the following:
- Impressions – How many people have seen your business in search results
- More Info Clicks – People who have clicked on the more link next to your business
- Driving Directions – People who have clicked on driving directions to your business
- Website Clicks – People who have visited your website from local results.
Google also gives you a graphical overview of your clicks and actions during the month. Below is an example from one of our G-Local Guaranteed customers:
2. Top Queries and Driving Directions:
The second half of the report gives you information on the top search queries which triggered your listing and where driving direction requests come from.
This is great information for local businesses and should help advertisers place more of an accurate dollar value on their Google local listing.
If you want to get your business included in Google’s Local Business Listings with a guaranteed top 10 placement, check out our G-Local service!