Realizing that mobile searches are increasingly taking over PC searches, Yahoo has introduced two new search tools to make mobile app searches a less tiring task.
Yahoo! App Search for the PC and the Yahoo! AppSpot for iPhone/Android will make it easier for users to browse through the thousands of mobile apps available on the iPhone Store and Google’s Android Market.
The Yahoo! AppSpot is a free mobile applet that allows users to locate and view a comprehensive description, snapshot, price and star rating of the apps.
The highlights of this tool are:
- Personalized Recommendations: A daily personalized recommendation regarding the apps you have recently searched
- Precise Results: Shows you the most relevant apps by matching the titles and keywords you type in during your search
- Related Apps: While searching for an appropriate app, you can now look forward to receive a list of several related apps within the “more apps you’ll love” section that best match your requirements
- At-a-Glance Shopping: You can see comprehensive information including price, overall star ratings, screenshots, and description on one screen instead of continual navigation through the screen
- Fast & Easy Downloads: Direct links to the specific apps on the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace will be provided to allow for a quick and easy download
The Yahoo! App Search is a computer-based version of AppSpot which can be found on the top panel navigation panel on the Yahoo! Site. This feature allows users to conveniently search and download apps to their mobile devices directly from a desktop. Users can search for an app by category, operating system (OS) or by simply typing the keywords into the search box.
It’s apparent that Yahoo! is trying to reclaim its dwindling existence in the search market and at the same time is adapting to the steadily evolving trend of mobile searches.
Have you tried either of these tools yet? If so, feel free to share your thoughts below.