Sharing client success isn’t something we often do through this blog, as we focus more on the news and DIY side of the search engine marketing industry – But this tale is worthy of sharing.
Given the years of experience we have in Google advertising, generating strong ROI (return on investment) on brand new campaigns is fairly simple.
BUT - what happens when a company seeks your services wanting to improve on their existing Google advertising performance which is generating an ROI of 200% already!
You need to dig deep into your wealth of experience and search advertising knowledge to find the campaign elements that can be refined to extract even better results – especially when the industry is competitive.
And on this occasion, this is exactly what we did! And the result – days where ROI reached over 400%
Okay, so you want to know what we did – right? Of course you do.
Well – here’s some of the skills of the trade we used! But don’t tell everybody
It’s all about careful optimization. Once your search advertising foundations are in place – you need to tweak and refine, paying close attention to the micro-details. Here’s some of the details and tactics we used:
1. Keywords that don’t convert even with strong clickthrough get paused/removed (save them for later). It’s the basics of search advertising, but every campaign needs a good clean out!
2. Implement negative keywords to block irrelevant traffic and save budget for the keywords that generate results – $$$$ not just clicks!
3. Start some scheduling. Almost every campaign converts better at certain times of the day, or certain days of the week. Constantly test to refine your scheduling and day parting.
4. Let go of Top spot. Being the top ad for every search is more about vanity than effective campaign management. Don’t overspend for placement that doesn’t improve results!
5. Let conversion drive your campaign adjustments. It sounds obvious, but it’s easy to get caught up with the multitude of campaign variables (bids, CTR, quality scores, etc) and forget the ultimate goal – revenue.
Now, I can’t disclose the company’s name, but let’s just say they were the top provider in a competitive e-tailing industry – and with ROI of 400%, they’re sure to further assert themselves as leaders in the industry.
So if you’ve already got a Google advertising campaign that’s performing well, but you think you haven’t maximized its potential – then review some of the optimization strategies we used to drive campaign ROI to 400%
If you’re thinking of starting a new search advertising campaign, why not speak to one of our advertising team and find out more about this amazing search advertising success story! Get the inside word by calling 1 866 873 5834 (free call for US & Canada). Other countries – click here.