Google Labs are at it again, this time offering website owners and bloggers some new tools for adding content and functionality to their sites. Utilizing the Google AJAX search API, the new service allows you to add content from Google’s range of search services (blogs, news, video etc) direct to your website.
Matt Cutts gave a heads up via his blog post Google Flair: Google Blog Bar, but the wizard based services go beyond just blog and news headlines. (Not all of them are new, but worth a mention nonetheless).
For the less techy people out there (like me), the simple wizard makes embedding the service of choice in your website or blog a breeze. It’s as simple as:
- Visit: http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/wizards.html
- Pick the service you want from:
- Google Map Search
- Video Bar
- Video Search
- News Bar (Horizontal and Vertical)
- Blog Bar (Horizontal and Vertical)
- Book Bar
- Choose your preferred options in a few simple questions.
- Copy and paste the code presented into your website or blog
VOILA!!! You have your own
So if you’re looking to make your website or blog a bit more interactive and content rich, this is a great way to tap into the power of Google’s search services and give your visitors another reason to keep coming back.