Google recently announced its newest update of the AdWords Editor program, 4.0. AdWords Editor is a free, downloadable application for managing your AdWords advertising campaigns.
AdWords Editor offers a wide array of features, but the basic process is simple: download your account, edit your campaigns offline, and then upload your changes to AdWords. The latest release includes updates to existing functionality and a range of newly added features.
- New ‘Status’ field: This allows you to pause, resume and delete ad text and keywords.
- Keyword matching: This feature allows you to bulk change keyword matching options from broad, phrase or exact match.
- Negative keywords edit: Allows you to add and delete negative keywords.
- Capitalization of keywords: If two keywords only differ by capitalization the Editor will flag these for deletion.
- No end date option: Set your campaigns to have no end date.
- Mobile ads: View, add and edit your mobile ads.
- Campaign posting: Upload all of your campaign changes or select only specific campaigns to upload.
- Custom date ranges: Download and view performance statistics for specific dates that you choose.
- Copy targeting settings: Copy and paste language and location targeting preferences between campaigns.
- More languages: This is the first release of AdWords Editor for Czech, Hebrew, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), English (Australia), and Turkish
- Budget optimizer campaigns: Previously, campaigns using the Google budget optimizer could not be updated in AdWords Editor. Now it’s possible to edit ad groups and keywords within these campaigns. (CPC bids are still managed automatically, and therefore cannot be edited.)
With the continuing improvement of the AdWords Editor it can be assumed that this application will continue to offer many benefits to advertisers over the coming years.
The AdWords Editor does take some of the complications out of managing an AdWords campaign, however most people know managing a campaign is still a very involved process requiring a lot of your time and skill to get it right. As most business owners are time poor I would suggest outsourcing your Google advertising to a professional in the industry to get you the best results.