Google has announced that it will be rolling out a new feature this week across all AdWords accounts. The new Auction Insights report came as a result of PPC managers begging for more information to better compete in auctions for keywords.
The new report will allow you to see critical comparative information on others that are in the same auctions as you, which you can then use to adjust your bids and keywords accordingly. While you won’t see setting information on others, the information you do receive can help enhance your own efforts.
Included in this new report is information like:
- Impression share – Percentage of time your ad appeared for that keyword query
- Average position of your ad – The ad rank for you and the competitive ads
- Overlap rate of your ad – meaning how often your ad overlaps or appears at the same time as ads from another competing domain
- Ad position above rate – how many times does your ad appears above the others you are competitiveness against
- Top of page percent – how often your ad appears on the top block
While this information is available through regular Google search, this presents it all in one area – saving you a lot of time. But while it gives you information about your competitors and measures your performance against them, you still don’t get access to their settings. You can’t see which keywords they are using, their bids or their match types – you still have to figure that one out for yourself.
Another factor is that you can only see this information at the keyword granular level.
But any time saver is a great tool for pay-per-click account managers.
You should be able to see the new report within the next few days; however data will only be available back to May 1. Go to your keywords tab and you’ll see “keyword details.” Click on that and look and check out the auction insights report for yourself.