Contact Us
 
 

Welcome to ineedhits Blog

Welcome to the ineedhits Search Engine Marketing blog, where we share the latest search engine and online marketing news, releases, industry trends and great DIY tips and advice.



Monday, May 31, 2010

How Much AdSense Revenue Does Google Take From Publishers?

Posted by @ 12:42 am
3
  •  

google-adsense-31Google has finally published figures for the percentage of revenue they keep from AdSense publishers compared to the amount advertisers pay for the ad.

Google claim that AdSense for content publishers earn a 68% revenue share worldwide (this of course means that Google keeps 32% for themselves). Furthermore they said that AdSense for search publishers only receive a 51% cut with Google keeping the remaining 49%.

As you would imagine, Google have said that their share of the revenue is used for maintaining and developing the AdSense program. You can read the full post from Google on their Inside AdSense blog.

Google has been pressured to release these figures for a number of years now, and after some developments earlier this month, they have decided now is the right time. It’s also important to note that the figures provided above do not include larger publishers that work directly with Google. My guess is that these sites may see even higher figures.

To be honest I think that a 68% share for the majority of publishers is quite fair and a bit higher than I was expecting. What do you think? Is this amount fair? Let us know in the comments below.



Matthew Elshaw Matt is a marketing professional at ineedhits.com, an international search marketing firm. Matt's passion for online marketing began at university and has proved invaluable in steering product development and marketing initiatives at the company. Matt is a regular contributor to the ineedhits search marketing blog.

View Matthew Elshaw's profile






Discussion (3 - comments)

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by ineedhits, Mr Prepaid Plans. Mr Prepaid Plans said: RT @ineedhits: How Much AdSense Revenue Does Google Take From Publishers?: Google has finally published figures for… http://bit.ly/a7rPnv [...]

By Tweets that mention How Much AdSense Revenue Does Google Take From Publishers? | ineedhits -- Topsy.com - May 31, 2010



[...] Read the rest here: How Much AdSense Revenue Does Google Take From Publishers? | ineedhits [...]

By Blog Search » Blog Archive » How Much AdSense Revenue Does Google Take From Publishers? | ineedhits - May 31, 2010



68% would be nice if they actually counted the clicks. I have 1000′s of clicks and they only pay a tiny percentage of the clicks.

By Leonard - June 1, 2010




Add Your Comments







SUBSCRIBE

Keep up to date with the latest from our blogs.

Subscribe to all blog posts

The Newsletter
BROWSE OUR POSTS




  • New Posts
  • Popular
  • Comments


Jobthread



More in Search News (539 of 1797 articles)


NEWS Facebook Acquires Group Chat/Share Platform Sharegrove Sharegrove when integrated into Facebook (which seems inevitable) will allow users to ...