Want to know how Google discovers, crawls and indexes your sites pages? Or how Google displays and ranks these pages in search results?
Well, Google have produced a selection of videos to answer all your questions.
From the Webmaster Central Blog, here is an overview of the 5 videos in the series:
- Discoverability – tutorial on how Google discovers your site.
- Accessibility – suggestions for making your content easily accessible to Google.
- Ranking – how relevance and importance influence your ranking.
- Webmaster Central Overview – learn more about Google’s Webmaster Tools.
- Other Resources – overview of additional Google resources and tools.
Now, for the news you all want to hear… Google’s reason as to why your site’s ranking fluctuates (and it’s not because they no longer employ diligent pigeons to rank pages). The slide below from the ranking video gives us some insight into fluctuating page ranks.
The content in the videos is quite basic, but if you are new to SEM, then these videos are a great resource to give you an introduction to Google and what they do. They may even be helpful for those of you that have been in the SEM game for a while, but need a little bit of a refresher.
If you would like to check out any of videos simply click here. Happy viewing!