Last week I wrote about Yahoo’s Super Bowl sales tips, but this time it’s Google who are offering advice for another seasonal sales event: Valentines Day. They’ve released a number of AdWords based suggestions on how you can pull in more customers this Valentines Day.
From the Google Retail Tips blog:
- Target key age and gender demographics with unique Valentine’s Day ad texts, keywords & landing pages
- Launch your campaigns early to meet increased search traffic
- Add both branded & non-branded keywords.
- Use Google insights for search to investigate your own product categories to see what searchers are interested in
- Expand keyword lists using the Search-Based Keyword Tool
- Use the Google Content Network to reach your target demographic and complement your search campaigns
- Consider placing your Content ads on complementary sites; remember to target gifts for women on men’s sites and vice versa
- Use the Display Ad Builder to easily create image ads
- Set appropriate CPCs and competitive budgets to anticipate increased traffic
Google have also released a range of Valentines Day display ad templates under the seasonal section of the display ad builder. Here’s an example of one of the templates:
Generally it’s a wise idea to raise your budget over busy seasonal periods or holidays because there will be increased search traffic during these times. If you’re looking to get started with a PPC advertising campaign for Valentines Day, have a look at Easy Search Advertising!