Many of our clients get frustrated by the fact they can’t see their Google Adwords ads when geo-targeting is being used on their campaigns. Google has just released a new preview tool that will help remove this annoyance.
The Google Adwords preview tool is great for 2 reasons:
- It allows you to view your ads when geo-targeting is in place, and with simple URL manipulation, see how each ad looks for your geo settings.
- There’s no risk of click costs being incurred as the tool deactivates the links.
To test out the new Google AdWords preview tool, simply:
- Click on the following URL: www.google.com/adpreview
- Submit a search for the keyword/s you are bidding on using the search box.
- View your ads in the results presented. Use the next button to go beyond the first page of the results.
If you are running multiple campaigns for different geographical areas, you can manipulate the search query URL to see how your ads look for each target area.
All the AdWords geo-targeting attributes can be tested including country, longitude and latitude co-ordinates, regions, cities and ZIP codes as shown below.
For a breakdown of the how to change the geographical attributes within the query, visit the Google AdWords Help Center.