Google’s Place Pages feature was given more prominence yesterday when it was given prime-position at the top of Google’s search results.
In the OneBox results in a Google search a link to the businesses Places Page is now shown instead of the listings web page. Here is an example of how the Place Page now appears.
When Place Pages were first launched in September last year, we noted that they would provide a much more detailed view of the business location with additional information such as:
- Transit Stops
- Short description of the location/business
- Images from Google street view
- Other related maps
This update was first noticed by local search marketer Mike Blumenthal who also noted a number of other changes, including:
- The businesses website now shows above the OneBox pushing the OneBox slightly further down the page
- More Info has become the branded Place Page, directly under the business name
- There is an additional large and prominent map pin next the business name
- Review numbers no longer show when there are less than a certain number
If you’re a local business owner, make sure to add or update your business listing with a Places Page.