The upgrade is what Google calls an “enterprise-class” bundle of features which includes custom reporting, advanced segmentation, integration with AdSense and motion charts.
“We’re taking things that were expensive and difficult, and making them free and easy to use,” explains Group Manager of Google Analytics, Brett Crosby.
Here is an overview of all the new features:
1. Advanced segmentation: enables you to create a segment of traffic and see those people in all your reports. For example see people who visit from AdWords, or a specific website.
2. Custom reports: GA now enables you to create, save and edit reports to give you a specific view of your data. You can choose the information and metrics you want to see, organized in the way you want to see it.
3. Motion charts: This feature shows a graphical representation of up to four variables from your reports. Data points are represented by circles (“bubbles”) with the size and color of the bubble representing two more variables. Then you can also watch change over time with animations.
Check out the video below to learn more about the new motion charts.
4. Account Management Dashboard: Give you the ability to monitor your account more effectively with simpler navigation between accounts and profiles. It will display a dashboard of key performance metrics of your accounts.
5. Data Export API: Google will open up an API to GA that will allow developers to transmit all of the data in GA to other Websites, tools, widgets, or even mobile apps. The API will be a platform for developers to extend Analytics data in new and practical ways, as far as can be imagined and implemented.
6. Integrated Reporting with AdSense: lets AdSense publishers see their revenue and impression data alongside their site traffic data in Analytics. The integration gives publishers more metrics to help them measure visitor activity and the performance of ad units, as well as discover areas of revenue potential on their websites.
There are additional videos and information on these new features here.
The new features will be available to all GA users, so if you are a GA user, then let us know what you think of these new features.
Courtney is an online marketing and communications specialist at ineedhits - a leading search engine marketing firm with over 16 years experience. Courtney has been living and breathing online marketing for over 5 years. She specializes in web and communication marketing, while providing news and opinion to online marketing communities.