The Bing train continues to roll on as it slowly eats into Google’s search market share. So I bet you want to know how you can make sure your website is included in Bing, don’t you?
Well, you’re in luck. Bing’s Principal Group Program Manager, Rajesh Srivastava, has offered some tips and tools on how you can conduct SEO on your site for their search engine. These include:
- Develop great, original content (including well-implemented keywords) directed toward your intended audience
- Use well-architected code in your webpages (including images and Sitemaps) so that users’ web browsers and search engine crawlers can read the content you want indexed)
- Earn several, high-quality, authoritative inbound links
Seems quiet basic, doesn’t it? That’s because the fundamentals of SEO are likely to work across all search engines.
Here is how Rajesh explains it:
The type of SEO work and tasks webmasters need to perform to be successful in Bing hasn’t changed—all of the legitimate, time-tested, SEO skills and knowledge that webmasters have invested in previously apply fully today with Bing. Moreover, investments in solid, reputable SEO work made for Bing will bring similar improvements in your website’s page rank in other search engines as well.
As well as these tips, like Google, Bing has a Webmaster Center which has a number of resources for your use, including:
- Official Guidelines For Successful Indexing Document – includes various recommendations on fixes for known problems that can affect your site’s ranking
- Webmaster Center Blog – gives you the latest developments from Bing
- Webmaster Center Tools – allows you to register your website and use tools which produce a variety of website data
- Webmaster Center Users Forum – allows you to ask and answer questions.
Whilst Rajesh’s tips are quiet basic, we recently compiled a list of tips and factors to consider which will help get your site in the top 10 on Bing. You can check them out here.
So there you have it. A wrap up of the work ahead of you to ensure your website is included in Bing. If you haven’t got the time to do all this yourself, then check out M-Boost which guarantees to have your site listed in Bing within just 7 days.